Senior Philanthropy Officer
Senior Philanthropy Officer
Hours per week: Full-Time
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) we believe that every child deserves to have a mentor in their corner to ignite and defend their potential. That’s why we are committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. We are supported in our mission by generous donors and who believe in what we do and donate to fund our operations year after year.
As the Senior Philanthropy Officer you will play an essential role in sustaining the operations of our Agency. We will count on you to develop strong relationships with donors thru a variety of different means and help us develop the right strategy to ensure continuous funding for our programs. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO)you will work closely with our Special Events team to help carry out events that grow our name across our community and engage donors in different ways, but also have your individual goals and targets to help guide you.
- Using prospect research tools and your own experience, develop and oversee a portfolio of donors and prospects capable of making multi-year commitments
- Responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on annual giving and mid-level multi-year gifts to support BBBSEM annual fund and related programs
- Collaborate with other Development team members on enhancing BBBSEM’s Annual Giving Program (direct mail, in-kind donations, workplace giving, and online giving); implement a plan for increased annual fund support and participation rates across all constituencies
- Work with CDO to establish long term goals and objectives for fundraising strategy for mid-level gifts
- Design and help collaborate on developing high-touch experiences for organizations, top-tier donors, committee members, and board of trustees.
- Collaborate with the team to determine goals, themes, and content that will enhance the constituent experience and maximize engagement and fundraising efforts including but not limited to partnership with the community engagement team and corporate partnerships.
- Manage and work with volunteers and staff to achieve fundraising goals and increase donor engagement
- Engage our Young Professionals Group and Board of Advisors and help increase their engagement and experience with our agency
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to CDO to demonstrate progress toward fundraising goals and identify areas of success and/or concern. Revise strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of applicable work experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with an understanding of how to adjust messaging for a variety of audiences.
- Strong computer skills with strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools, video conferencing tools (Zoom, MS Teams, etc.) and Salesforce
- Willingness and ability to commute to meetings and events across eastern Massachusetts
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the non-profit sector
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial approach with the ability to work well both independently and with others, exercising initiative judgement, problem-solving and confidentiality as needed.
- Comfortable with deadline management and ability to work effectively and calmly within timelines and maintain multiple critical priorities.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm, and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Sound judgment, initiative, and ability to maintain confidentiality
We respect, appreciate, and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSEM does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Career / Application Form