Blooming Bids for Kids will return in 2021
With support from the Martha’s Vineyard Advisory Council and event committee, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Blooming Bids for Kids that was scheduled for June. Blooming Bids for Kids has been an instrumental resource in growing the Big Brothers Big Sisters program on-island. Like the role Bigs play in the friendships of their Littles, “talent is like a little seed; when nurtured, it will flourish.” Please consider making a contribution to support the sustainability and growth of the island’s mentoring friendships
- Blooming Bids for Kids will return in 2021 View Sponsorship & Branding Opportunities for our garden party-in-a box that will be sent to our previous garden partiers here.
- Lori and Sunny Brennan
- Gayle and Robert Mone
- Karen and Frick Jones
- Marcia L. Smith and Kenneth Andrichik
- Connie and Mark Alexander
- Stanley Startzell and Debbi Zetterberg
- The Field Gallery
- Truly Scrumptious
- Tilton Tents
Previous supporters of Blooming Bids for Kids will be included in our garden party-in-a-box mailing late this spring
Blooming Bids for Kids has been an instrumental resource in growing the Big Brothers Big Sisters program on-island.
In the last five years, the success of Blooming Bids for Kids has allowed BBBSCCI to:
- Make 45 NEW Big and Little friendships (and counting!) – that’s 45 Bigs, 45 Littles, and 45+ guardians. The impact really is BIG!
- Serve over 75 children on-island in a high quality mentoring friendship with a caring adult volunteer
- Raise over $150,000 allowing for the creation of a full-time Martha’s Vineyard Program Coordinator in 2018
- Become one of the leading regions in the U.S. with an average match length of 4 years!