YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP
The Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts’s Young Professionals is a group of emerging leaders enthusiastic about our mission of helping transform the lives of children in our community. Each member makes Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts one of their top philanthropic priorities. As a group, their primary role is to act as ambassadors with the goal of increasing awareness, volunteerism, and support for the organization.
The BBBSEM YPG Focus
• Raising awareness for the services that BBBSEM provides to local families, the impact mentorship has on our community, and the need for more mentors
• Volunteering our time as a mentor, on a steering committee, or at Match events
• Fundraising and promoting the mission and values of BBBSEM
YPG Members commit an annual gift of $250 that can be broken out into monthly installments of around $20 a month
By joining the BBBSEM Young Professionals Group, you will gain access to unique opportunities to connect with our mission and work. By opting into the YPG, you will receive:
• Invitations to quarterly YPG networking gatherings and access to pre-sale tickets for all YPG events
• Opportunity to join a steering committee that helps further the mission and values of BBBSEM
• Opportunities to assist in the planning of Casino Night and other YPG-hosted events
• Notification of volunteer opportunities
We welcome professionals of all genders, races, and perspectives from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors into the YPG.
Click “Join Today” below to register!
For questions, please reach out to Kate Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-956-0251.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE CHAIR
Devon Goodall, LPL Financial
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS
Bobby Alvarado, Knight Frank
Jennifer Dwyer, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Kelly Gross, Brand Content
Kate Peterson, BBBSEM
Nick Schneider, Bernkopf Goodman LLP
Jay Scuteri, Brooke Private Equity Associates
Ethan Sobel, Boston University Hillel
Adriana Solimine, BioGen
Sal Visali, GID Investments
Tomás Aponte, BBBSEM
Joe Bradlee, Pawtucket Red Sox
Peter A. DeFalco, Refinitiv
Kyle Doherty, Guidepoint
Dan Driscoll, Colliers International
Ngoc Duong, Advent International
Kelsey Gauger, Suffolk Construction
Jennifer Minerva, Wayfair
Anne Neylon, BNY Mellon
Lenny Pierce, JLL
Christopher Scharff, Waterstone Properties
Anders Soderberg, Guidepoint
Kevin Wang, .406 Ventures
Sara Yarling, Compass
Download this essential fact sheet to help prep for the volunteering process.
Download this essential fact sheet for activity ideas that will help you and your Little get to know each other!