Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Team is the leader in our external interactions with community organizations, corporations, and individuals. Our team establishes a relationship with invested social impact partners/individuals and spreads Big Brothers Big Sister’s mission and vision to diverse groups. Our purpose as a team is to engage, cultivate and inspire current and prospective partners for future mentors and other collaborations that ensure the young leaders in our community realize their fullest potential.
As a member of the Community Engagement Team, an Engagement Coordinator plays a central role in driving relationships and increasing our ability to serve more youth. As part of a dynamic team, this position is responsible for filling the pipeline of volunteers and mentees. We achieve this by cultivating and creating unique engagement opportunities, including formal presentations, events, and leveraging the BBBSEM network to speak on our behalf and share our message as broadly as possible.
- Identify, pursue and cultivate community, corporate and educational partners that can or do align with BBBSEM’s Vision and Mission
- Initiate and maintain relationships with individuals and partner organizations through different engagement tools.
- Consistently fuel a pipeline of vital partnerships that provide pipelines for constituents to become Mentors and Mentees.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment activities as needed.
- Work in collaboration and in conjunction across departments to develop responsive, innovative and sustainable partnerships including events and targeted campaigns.
- Regularly acquire feedback and input from internal and external stakeholders. Analyze market data and research to understand and identify trends, challenges, opportunities to ensure recruitment and engagement goals are met.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of work experience, preferably in marketing, sales, recruiting, and/or development
- Ability to learn and speak to BBBSEM’s purpose and Eastern Massachusetts landscape, communities and cultures. Existing network to leverage in this position a plus.
- Able to create competitive and innovative recruitment and referral materials to build direct engagement of current volunteers and generate referrals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (excel, powerpoint, etc.) and the Salesforce CRM system.
- Ability to communicate with professionalism, enthusiasm, and empathy to large groups and individuals verbally and in writing
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the region when necessary. Must be available to attend events in the early morning, evening and weekends.
- Effective and confident public speaker; proven ability to develop strong working relationships. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to network and gain access to decision-makers; genuine listener; comfortable making cold calls and setting up appointments; consultative sales approach.
- Experience successfully working with and recruiting with keen understanding of volunteer motivations, needs and expectations.
- Volunteer management, customer service, community organizing, collegiate campaign experience a plus.
- Demonstrated comfort and ability to work with and motivate a wide variety of people, including youth and adults, with a preference for candidates with experience in racially, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse urban and/or recent immigrant communities. Language capacity is a plus.
- Passion for working in the community: forming, maintaining and strengthening relationships
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prospect, pursue, and close leads.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast paced setting
- Excellent strategic problem-solving ability with a positive, “can do” attitude