Collegiate and Community Partnership Coordinator
Overview: Reporting to the Community Engagement & Recruitment Manager, the Collegiate and Community Partnerships Coordinator helps drive the strategic growth of the agency through the ownership of collegiate volunteer recruitment and youth outreach efforts. Additionally, he/she cultivates, stewards, recruits and supports our mentor-rich and youth-rich organizations and institutions that can provide sustained volunteer and youth participation in campus and site-based programs. The Collegiate and Community Partnerships Coordinator works within a customer-focused, goal-driven department and helps drive the vision, strategies and tactics for increasing consideration by volunteers, families and external partners; actively manages the inquiry and referral pipeline; and deepens and expands external relationships to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three years of success in recruitment and account management, with sales background preferred. Volunteer management, customer service, community organizing, collegiate campaign experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the Greater Boston collegiate landscape, communities, and cultures. Existing network of community and collegiate relationships to leverage in this position a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Appreciation for ethnic, racial, and sexual diversity, strong cultural competence, and sensitivity in working with diverse populations.
- Experience successfully working with and recruiting collegiate volunteers along with keen understanding of volunteer motivations, needs, and expectations strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prospect, pursue, and close leads.
- Effective and confident public speaker; proven ability to develop strong working relationships. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to network and gain access to decision-makers; genuine listener; comfortable making cold calls and setting up appointments; consultative sales approach.
- Able to create competitive and innovative recruitment and referral strategies and design systems to build direct engagement of current volunteers in generating referrals and recruiting opportunities; prioritizes the frequent review of recruitment sources, channels and pipeline to ensure goals are met.
- Demonstrated ability to get results, ambitious and goal driven. Able to work in a fast pace and deadline driven environment.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and manage own performance effectively, plan and organize time and priorities to achieve results.
- Must be mission motivated; high energy and drive; team player; have entrepreneurial spirit and be opportunistic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, diverse environment
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the region when necessary. Must be available to attend events in the early morning, evening and weekends.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Execute annual business plan to meet or exceed goals for collegiate volunteer and youth enrollment, focusing on the development of superior relationships with mentor-rich organizations, other not-for-profit executives and school system administrators for campus-based and site-based programs.
- Identify, pursue and obtain collegiate and institutional partners who can provide ongoing supply of potential volunteers. Initiate and maintain relationships with decision makers through consistent and appropriate communications and meetings.
- Conduct campus-based and school-based mentoring outreach and recruitment activities sessions as needed. Build local student support structure around referral/recruiting opportunities at high priority colleges and provide targeted support to those students
- Create, monitor, analyze, and report on key collegiate recruitment pipeline metrics; use data to drive increasing success. Proposes real-time optimization strategies to improve performance.
- Regularly analyze market data and research to understand and identify collegiate volunteer recruitment trends, challenges, opportunities, and strengthen the case for partnering with BBBSMB to ensure recruitment goals are met for campus and site-based programs.
- Regularly review collegiate recruitment being handled by other Recruitment Associates to ensure BBBSMB recruitment goals are met for campus and site-based programs.
- In coordination with the marketing team, explore and develop procedures to strengthen customer service and to broaden the agency’s volunteer appeal and client reach.
- Develop and deliver targeted volunteer recruitment campaigns focused on alumni, affinity groups, current Bigs, distinct communities and ethnicities, and develop plans to leverage national BBBS recruitment campaigns.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Community Relations and/or President and Chief Executive Officer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals within this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, physical demands and required skills. BBBSMB may at its discretion add to or change the duties of the position at any time.