Big Brothers Big Sisters Eastern Massachusetts Legacy Society
When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay through a bequest, you invest in a child’s future by ensuring they can be matched with a caring adult mentor. You become a defender of potential and your gift will have lasting impacts for generations.
HOW A BEQUEST WORKS:
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. You can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay.
- Include a bequest to BBBS in your will or revocable trust
- Designate BBBS as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account
- Name BBBS as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
- A revocable bequest can be changed or modified at any time
- You can choose to designate the gift for a specific purpose
- Bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes which may result in a larger inheritance for heirs
- Donor retains control of assets while designating distribution upon her/his passing
BECOMING A MEMBER:
You may become a member of the BIG Legacy Society simply by notifying us that you have named Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay as a beneficiary in your will or estate plan. If you are considering making an outright bequest to BBBS and would like more information please contact: Christine Meng, Director of Development, at CMeng@bbbsmb.org or call 617-956-0291.