People and Culture Internship
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid- must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The People & Culture Intern will work under the Head of People & Culture to assist and support all agency staff in being able to do their best work. In this role The People & Culture intern will work on projects about DEI, staffing, workforce planning, and employee engagement. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the not for profit sector and gain exposure to all aspects of human resources management.
- Directly provide assistance to employees with questions about the agency’s policies, upcoming internal events, and organizational structure
- Aid in the recruitment of new staff to work at our agency through conducting market research, arranging interviews, and helping with other aspects of the onboarding process
- Work with the senior leadership team and pro-bono attorneys on updating the content and design of our employee handbook
- Lead our Rewards and Recognition program including monthly meetings, raffles, and other events
- Partner with the Operations team to support the adoption of new technology software
- Take the lead in designing and executing staff events that support our internal culture and promote employee engagement
- Participate in our internal DEI Committees and help provide visibility to their work
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel) and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Strong time-management skills and ability to be self-motivated
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
Career / Application Form