Pride Resources 2023
Happy Pride Month!
One great way to celebrate Pride Month is by exploring media highlighting the queer community and consuming media by queer creators. Also, keep an eye out for events near you such as parades and festivals that everyone can enjoy. To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of resources for easy access to books, movies, television, events, and organizations for Pride Month. Explore the links below to learn more! (As always, any events, media, and books should be age appropriate and approved by your Little’s guardian.)
- Boston Public Library has LGBTQ+ booklists for every age!
- BPL’s We Are Pride is a “list of books published in the previous year for all ages concerning the diverse experiences of the LGBTQ+ community.”
- The New York Times shares relevant books for both kids and teens recommended by queer individuals!
- Check out We Are Teachers’ list of 30 recommended children’s books!
- Family Equality features a list of early-elementary-level LGBTQ+ books complete with short reviews!
- Haverhill Public Library offers multiple lists of LGBTQ+ young adult novels. Explore the genres below!
- Check out Boston Public Library’s list of programs prominently featuring at least one lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender character here!
- Boston Pride Festival and Parade, June 10th
- Oak Bluffs Pride, June 10th
- South Coast: Taunton Pride Festival, June 10
- Pride in Belmont, June 17th
- North Shore Pride Parade and Festival, June 24
- Plymouth Pride Fest, June 25th
- Cape Cod Pride Festival, July 22
- Hingham Pride Flag Delivery
Alliances and Commissions
- GSA Link
- North Shore Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth
- Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth
- PFLAG Greater Boston
- Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth
- City of Boston: LGBTQ+ Advancement
Resources for LGBTQ+ youth, talking with children about LGBTQ+ identities, and being an ally to queer youth.
- Haverhill Public Library: Resources for Teens
- Care: 6 tips for talking about Pride Month and LGBTQ+ rights with kids
- Vivvi: 5 Tips to Explain Pride Month and LGBTQ Identity to Children
- The Trevor Project: Guide to Being an Ally to Transgender and Nonbinary Young People
These are just a start, and there is always more to learn but, hopefully, these links can help you find ways to celebrate Pride this June and year-round!