Technology & Operations Internship
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid- must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The Technology & Operations Intern will work alongside the Program Services and Database Coordinator and be responsible for supporting the Agency’s database needs through participating in data-driven projects, maintaining high-quality data integrity in our systems, and assisting with external-facing resources and communications. At the end of the internship, the Technology & Operations Intern will have gained basic familiarity and understanding of a variety of systems, primarily SalesForce CRM, SalesForce-compatible apps, and MailChimp. No prior SalesForce experience is necessary.
- Assist in managing the data transfer between BBBSEM’s various databases and maintain high-quality data across platforms.
- Gain overall familiarity with SalesForce CRM and learn how to resolve common SalesForce errors.
- Support various SalesForce-oriented projects, which may include creating or updating email templates, workflow rules, custom fields, reports or dashboards.
- Research and curate engaging content for monthly match newsletters utilizing MailChimp.
- Help maintain accurate and up-to-date records of resources and partnerships available to matches and research potential new partnerships.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Program Services department, including creating and organizing materials for new matches.
- Support the planning and logistics of large match events (fall and summer term interns only)
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester.
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and a desire to learn new systems (e.g. SalesForce) through hands-on experience
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
Career / Application Form