The Development Intern will work alongside the Special Events and Development teams and be responsible for assisting with activities that help to raise funds through stewardship, planning, supporting, and implementing of events and development strategies to meet the agency revenue goals. At the end of the internship, the Development Intern will have gained experience in areas such as fundraising, event and project management, communication and research, database management, and donor engagement and stewardship.
- Work with volunteer committees and boards
- Engages in online prospect research
- Assist with donor stewardship activities such as email blasts in MailChimp
- Engage & assist with donor giving strategies
- Assist in the preparation and prompt distribution of donor and attendee acknowledgements and invoices
- Help team ensure accurate data entry and reporting in Salesforce, Excel, and other various programs
- Work with team on the execution of any event stewardship
- Special Events research including auctions, venues and vendors
- Provide any additional administrative support to the team
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester.
- Hours may sometimes include evenings and weekends
- May be done remotely with the option of in person on some occasions dependent on comfort levels, school and BBBSEM rules
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (excel, powerpoint, etc.)
- Interest in learning in a robust development team and sharing their talents and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation