Community Engagement & Recruitment Internship
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid – must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agencies, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The Community Engagement & Recruitment (CER) Intern will work alongside the CER team and be responsible for a variety of tasks focused on corporate and community recruitment of adult volunteers and youth. At the end of the internship, the CER Intern will have gained experience in areas such as public speaking, corporate networking, community engagement, background research, database management, and content development.
- Help CER team with in-depth research of top corporate targets
- Work off a list of corporate leads to make connections within assigned companies
- Develop content related to upcoming recruitment events including, but not limited to, promotional flyers, presentations, and follow-up materials
- Attend and participate in recruitment events as necessary
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester.
- Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; volunteer coordination experience a plus
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation to attend night or weekend meetings/events; access to a car and a valid driver’s license preferred
Career / Application Form