Community Relations Specialist Short-Term
This position is a part-time 10-15 hours a week, temporary/seasonal position that will be filled from September 5th, 2019 through November 15th, 2019.
The Community Relations Specialist (CRS) is responsible for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay’s responses to all volunteer inquiries. He/she uses superior communications techniques and customer service, to outreach, engage and, as appropriate, bring inquiring volunteers into the enrollment process.
This is a customer-facing function that requires sensitivity, accuracy and trust. The majority of the CRS work is conducted via telephonic and digital media.
- 1-2 years sales, telemarketing or active customer service experience.
- Skilled knowledge in data base systems
- Sales experience in services, hospitality or other intangibles is preferred.
- Experience in community outreach is a plus.
- Superior relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical abilities (data maintenance, monitoring and analysis is important).Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to successfully work in a team environment. Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and can do attitude.
SUPERVISED BY: Community Relations Supervisor
- Respond to e-mail, telephone and other expressions of interest about the agency’s programs. Not all inquirers seeking opportunities to volunteer fall within agency selection criteria and “turn-downs” must be carefully delivered.
- Respond accurately and effectively to volunteers, determine inquirer’s “fit” with current agency needs, and then sell interested and qualified prospective volunteer and to move through the agency’s enrollment process. Enrollment (face to face interview of an inquiring potential volunteer) is the result of effectively informing, qualifying and converting an inquiry.
- Successfully transfer information regarding all potential volunteers from the Customer Sales team to the Program Services team and the Recruitment team.
- Adhere to the agency’s beliefs and values in all job-related activities.