Development Systems Associate
We seek a data-minded problem solver who will manage all aspects of the agency’s Salesforce database and related applications. The Development Systems Associate is the point person for all of the departments donor data – including the creation and execution of visual data reporting, updating and maintaining the agency’s data set, and the overall security and integrity of donor information.
General Statement of Duties
Manage all aspects of the agency’s Salesforce donor database and related applications, which includes updating, maintaining and the overall security and integrity of information. Provide individualized training on Salesforce and related applications to staff. Coordinate the revenue recognition and reconciliation process with the agency’s Finance department. Coordinate reporting activities that overlap between the agency’s development, program, and finance datasets. Provide research, produce statistical reports, and help in the analysis of the data for advancing the agency’s goals.
The ideal candidate will have two plus years of experience in non-profit database management, preferably in a Development role. We would also strongly encourage applications from candidates with a background in Salesforce and strong data management/quantitative skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree, preferably in information technology, business or related field (comparable work experience also considered)
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, manage and successfully complete multiple tasks
- Sound judgment, initiative and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be self-directed and contribute to team environment. Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Superior technical skills using Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
Supervised By: Director, Development Operations
- Be a champion for the organization’s implementation of Salesforce and use of data to inform organizational direction, processes and policies.
- Manage system for processing all gifts received for BBBSMB including cash, stock, credit cards, pledges, matching gifts and in kind. Generate accurate and timely acknowledgement letters and receipts.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly routine and customized reports for the Board of Directors, Management team and Finance including outstanding accounts receivable, revenue, and effort reports. Interface with Finance daily for reconciliation and gift classification. Assist with the development of reports and data to support organizational evaluation, mailings and other initiatives.
- Continue to provide improvements and maintenance to Salesforce and related organizational systems. Recommend, implement, document and enforce best practices and updates for policies, procedures, data maintenance and other functions.
- Manage the configuration and operation of organizational data systems including the creation and verification of data backups.
- Support BBBSMB’s development and program teams through individualized staff training and assistance in data entry, records management and reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of all data in Salesforce and related development systems.
- Audit Liaison to ensure back up documentation is secured for all gifts.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development Operations, coordinate activities of staff and interns as needed to complete relevant projects and activities that contribute to donor cultivation and stewardship, and data integrity.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development Operations, develop and coordinate automated reporting systems and dashboards that provide real-time feedback to the professional on the Development team. Engage with team members to promote individualized utilization of Salesforce tools to ensure that the department leverages digital resources to maximize productivity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals within this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, physical demands and required skills. BBBSMB may at its discretion add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Career / Application Form