Director of Strategic Community Partnerships
Director of Strategic Community Partnerships
Position: Director of Strategic Community Partnerships
Location: Boston, MA
Hours per week: Full-Time (40 hrs. p/week)
As the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. To further our mission, over the past few years we have partnered with schools in the Boston area to bring our program and services closest to youth who need them. This role is a critical part of making sure people know about and have a chance to participate in our programs.
General Statement of Duties
The Director of Strategic Community Partnerships will be a senior strategic leader within our agency who will create, implement and monitor a multifaceted approach to engaging and increasing participation across our multiple program models. The Director of Strategic Community Partnerships will also lead the Community Engagement Team, ensuring they raise awareness of our agency mission, diversify the relationships we cultivate and foster meaningful long-term engagements with valued external partners.
This role will be a primary ambassador for the organization and has the critical responsibility of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to perpetuate our agency and its services for the next generation of youth who will rely on our services.
Partnership Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to advance the agency mission, impact, and value; define the key performance indicators that will drive the continual improvement of the Community Engagement Team.
- Serve as a primary brand ambassador of the organization, maintaining brand guidelines while developing innovative ways to market BBBSEM and our brand of youth services through partner relations.
- Create and sustain alliances with corporations, community organizations, youth-service partners, etc.
Recruitment and Customer Relations Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Set annual and long-term volunteer recruitment and youth outreach goals to exceed the organization’s annual targets for quality new matches, working in close partnership and collaboration with Program Services.
- Develop and report data/metrics on all recruitment efforts/activities to ensure cost effectiveness and alignment with organizational goals and to seek efficiencies.
- Expand and deepen the organization’s partnerships to support volunteer recruitment. Develop and direct implementation strategies, plans and programs to increase the volume and efficiency of recruitment, outreach and community relations (enrollment).
- Develop and oversee strategies for targeted segments such as geographic regions, communities of color, colleges, corporations, retirees, churches and community organizations.
- Engage and partner with Board of Directors and Advisory groups.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Team in the development of partnership messaging including marketing collateral material, digital communications and social media.
- Leverage and be opportunistic with technology and media to improve agency marketing and partnership efforts. Represent BBBSEM as spokesperson for media opportunities as needed.
- Actively engage in the Greater Boston non-profit community to stay abreast of trends, opportunities, potential partners and to benefit all aspects of the organization’s work.
- Promote a culture of high performance, professional development and continuous improvement that values learning, diversity and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years working in leadership positions. Cause-related program and/or human service nonprofit experience a plus.
- Expertise in the creation of volunteer recruitment strategies, in building a potential partnership pipeline and pitching or presenting a mission-based opportunity.
- Skill and comfort proactively building internal and external relationships to support the organization.
- Leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience with a variety of media and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging digital media to achieve organizational goals. Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized in concert with partnership efforts.
- Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole language capacity preferred.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans that produce results.
- Ability to operate effectively from the strategic to the tactical level.
- Superior management skills; previous experience in building, mentoring, and coaching teams a plus.
- Experience and confidence in the ability to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing Board of Directors and management team. Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports, peers and volunteer leaders.
- Persuasive communicator. Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
We respect, appreciate, and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSEM does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Career / Application Form