Program Services Coordinator – Volunteer/Youth Enrollment
Program Services Coordinator – Volunteer/Youth Enrollment (Spanish Speaking)
Location: Anywhere in Eastern Massachusetts
Hours per week: Full-Time
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) we believe that every child deserves to have a mentor in their corner and to ignite and defend their potential. That’s why we are committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. To accomplish this we partner with schools, workplaces, and volunteers all over Eastern Massachusetts to bring our program and services closest to youth who need them.
As a Program Services Coordinator – Volunteer/Youth Enrollment you will play a unique and essential role in the creation and sustenance of our Big/Little relationships. You will conduct thorough interviews with all interested parties and other key process steps such as reference checks, collateral contacts, review of legal information, writing quality assessments and outlining future support/coaching. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the placement or “matching” of prospective volunteers and youth/families.
This position in particular will work closely with non-native English speakers within our community and thus language capacity beyond English (especially Spanish) will be preferred. The location for this position is flexible, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic. In the future, candidates will have the option of working remotely (work from home), but will be expected to travel to our constituents’ homes and sites where our programs are hosted.
- Assess volunteers and families through virtual, in-office, or home visit interview(s). Contact references and collateral persons connected with the interested party and assess skills/needs to determine appropriateness for enrollment in our programs.
- Carefully and thoughtfully prepare each interested party in order to make them ready to participate in our program and coordinate the “matching” process.
- Facilitate the initial placement (“match meeting”) between each volunteer, youth, the youth’s parent/guardian, and our agency support staff.
- Document clearly and in a timely manner all information obtained through the assessment and matching process and maintain accurate records for volunteers and families.
- Advocate for volunteers and youth seeking placement that may not be readily available and maintain regular communication with them to ensure the most up-to-date information when placement options become available.
- Collaborate closely with other service delivery staff to build agency knowledge/awareness and enable the most children to be successfully served.
- Constantly look after the safety of our youth and inform management of any critical youth and family incidents and potential issues that may impact our services.
- Represent Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts throughout the communities we serve and in public.
- Participate in different site-wide initiatives to drive engagement in topics of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be a part of a true team – together with your peers work on projects and events that will drive enhancements and improvements
- Bachelor’s degree with one or more years of work experience, preferably in youth development, volunteer or program management, and/or education
- Availability to work full-time. Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Access to reliable internet and phone connections to perform work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Familiarity with Office 365 (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to fluently speak another language besides English. Spanish preferred.
- Ability to travel to sites where our programs are hosted and to constituents’ homes
- Ability to work some nights (until 7-8pm) and on some weekends
- Demonstrated comfort and ability to work with and motivate a wide variety of people, including youth and adults, with a preference for candidates with experience in racially, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse urban and/or recent immigrant communities
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can-do” attitude
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent strategic problem-solving ability with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Office 365 suite
We respect, appreciate, and support diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and believe that our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. BBBSEM does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Career / Application Form