Marketing and Community Engagement Internship
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay (BBBSMB) – seeks an intern to work with a dynamic Marketing & Community Engagement Team, in a fast-paced environment. The selected intern will gain knowledge and professional skills by working side by side with the Marketing and Community Engagement team on a variety of projects aimed at marketing to youth and volunteers in the area.
The BBBSMB Marketing & Community Engagement internship experience includes a variety of opportunities to gain knowledge on several facets of Marketing.
- Generating blog posts for our Blog and other content and creative as needed
- Interviewing local Big Brothers, Big Sisters, and family members in the program for potential stories
- Assisting in managing and maintaining blog and social media content calendar
- Local media pitching
- Participating in discussions around marketing communications and strategies
Desired qualifications are:
- Availability a minimum of 10-12 hours per week during spring semester and/or availability to work 20+ flexible hours per week during summer break (2 months minimum requirement).
- Detail oriented; organized; good time management skills.
- Experience writing Blogs or content generation.
- Strong customer-service skills and professionalism with the public.
- Strong writing skills for different audiences.
- Recommended Applicable Majors –Marketing, Communications, Nonprofit Management, English, Journalism, etc.
Compensation: Unpaid. If applicable, experience can be used for credit in internship course.
Additional: This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector. You will work in a “hands-on” environment with individuals who respond daily to critical community issues. This is also a great chance to develop above-entry-level skills.