Marketing and Communications Coordinator
So many wonderful things are happening at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay (BBBSMB), and we want to share them all with the world! We’re looking for the right person to help us get our message out! We are seeking a team player with a passion for marketing and communications, the nonprofit field, and a desire to be part of a mission that serves children in our community. We are looking for a self-starter to provide technical, administrative and some creative content support to the marketing team. BBBSMB’s marketing team is responsible for all brand recognition and promotion activities (mass marketing – PR, advertising, materials creation, social media, and website content), volunteer and youth recruitment, collateral materials and program development. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator also supports marketing efforts for BBBSMB’s satellite operations outside the Greater Boston area.
This position is responsible for executing on a wide variety of marketing responsibilities including copywriting, design, blogging, website and social media management, and photo/video support.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop social media calendar and curate content for all social media channels
- Help to coordinate agency efforts with outside PR agency, media contacts, and hyperlocal outlets
- Write copy for press releases and help facilitate their placement in local publications
- Write copy for weekly blog posts in addition to any research and interviewing that may occur for prep
- Support the agency with graphic design, photography and video needs
- Develop and design email marketing campaigns through Mailchimp
- Support the marketing department’s efforts in inquiry generation for volunteer and youth across Eastern Massachusetts, including collaboration with an external digital advertising team
- Adhere to the agency’s beliefs and values in all job-related activities
- Support internal departments with the highest level of customer service and deadline-driven work
- Participate in agency and departmental events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business (or similar qualification) and 0-3 years related work experience in a non-profit or marketing role
- Experience with copywriting, blogging, and creative content generation
- Graphic design and photo/video editing preferred
- Familiarity with website maintenance and content management tools
- Experience working with social media platforms
Required Skills and Abilities: The right candidate will have strong organizational and self-management skills; pro-active and solution oriented; deadline driven, ability to work successfully in a team environment, enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive, can-do attitude.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package.
Career / Application Form