Marketing and Communications Internship
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid – must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The Marketing Intern will work alongside the Marketing team and be responsible for a variety of facets of marketing. At the end of the internship, the Marketing Intern will have gained experience in areas such as content creation (social media, blog, press releases), media pitching, content calendar management, and more!
- Generating blog posts for our BLOG and other content and creative as needed
- Interviewing local Big Brothers, Big Sisters, and family members in the program for potential stories
- Assisting in managing and maintaining blog and social media content calendars
- Local media pitching
- Participating in discussions around marketing communications and strategies
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester
- Hours may sometimes include evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (excel, powerpoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; volunteer coordination experience a plus
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce and design software is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation to attend night or weekend meetings/events; access to a car and a valid driver’s license preferred
Career / Application Form