Marketing & Recruitment Internship
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid – must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agencies, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The Marketing and Recruitment Intern will work alongside the Community Engagement (CE) Team and be responsible for a variety of tasks focused on corporate and community recruitment of adult volunteers and youth, alongside a variety of marketing tactics. At the end of the internship, the Marketing and Recruitment Intern will have gained experience in areas such as public speaking, corporate networking, community engagement, background research, database management, content development (social media, blog, PR), media pitching, and content calendar management.
- Help CE team with in-depth research of top corporate and community targets
- Initiate outreach including, but not limited to, colds call, emails, LinkedIn messaging
- Support with back-end data entry within Salesforce
- Develop content related to upcoming recruitment events including, but not limited to, promotional flyers, presentations, and follow-up communications
- Attend and participate in recruitment events as necessary
- Generate blog posts for our BLOG and other content and creative as needed
- Interview local Big Brothers, Big Sisters, and family members in the program for potential stories
- Assist in managing and maintaining blog and social media content calendars
- Local media pitching
- Participate in discussions around marketing communications and strategies
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester.
- Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service; volunteer coordination experience a plus
- Excellent professional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to individually represent Big Brothers Big Sisters at recruitment events
- Comfortable speaking with interested parties about BBBS volunteer opportunities
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation to attend night or weekend meetings/events; access to a car and a valid driver’s license preferred
Career / Application Form