WHO WE ARE:
The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod & the Islands is to partner with under-resourced families to provide their children with transformational, one-to-one professionally-supported relationships with caring adult mentors, so that their children will thrive.
- Based in Hyannis, we are currently the only one-to-one youth mentoring agency serving all of Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard.
- We are a leader within the Big Brothers Big Sisters national network, and a proud affiliate of one of the most recognized and prestigious non-profit brands in America. We are at the forefront of new technologies and youth outcomes work that has the potential for broad adoption by affiliates nationwide.
- We are proud partners with Cape & Islands businesses, schools, towns and other non-profits – working together to serve children and achieve organizational missions.
WHAT WE DO:
Our program matches adult volunteers with children who need adult mentors and friends. With adult attention and guidance supporting their positive development, their lives change for the better and ultimately impact the community. We are serious about our data and encourage you to study the evidence of our impact. We also hope you’ll spend some time getting to know some of our Bigs and Littles in the program. Their stories will inspire you.
HOW WE GET IT DONE
This marks our 4th consecutive year of growth in service! The list of donors is always growing and with your help we are able to positively impact children, their families, and the communities we serve. You are part of something ‘Big’!
Financial statements can be located HERE.
- In 2017 we served 323 youth on the Cape and Martha’s Vineyard – 12% growth over 2016
- There were 110 NEW matches made in 2017, our biggest year ever!
- Expanded our innovative “Campus-Based” program with Massachusetts Maritime Academy to serve 50 children
WHERE WE’RE GOING
- o Increase youth served to 425 annually
- o Grow leadership on the Cape & Martha’s Vineyard
- o Increase service in underserved communities
- o Develop innovative approaches to volunteer recruitment
- o Leverage technology to increase efficiency
- o Maintain highest program quality standards
The Power of Mentoring: Supporting Youth to Thrive