Fundraising Special Events Intern
Hours per week: 12-15
Compensation: Unpaid – must be used for college credit
As one of the nation’s largest mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) is committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. Our work is both impactful and urgent so we are constantly looking for the best team members to join our mission.
Our BBBSEM internships provide a unique opportunity to gain knowledge of how a nonprofit agency works and operates, as well as tangible learning, knowledge and professional skills experience by working within different functions at our agency.
The Fundraising Special Events Intern will work alongside the Special Events team and be responsible for assisting with activities that help to raise funds through planning, supporting and implementing of events to meet the agency revenue goals. At the end of the internship, the Fundraising Special Events Intern will have gained experience in areas such as fundraising, event and project management, communication and research.
- Support team members on all events including implementation of key logistics and timetables, trafficking information, billing, interaction with donors, vendors and volunteers, and providing administrative support of volunteer event leadership.
- Work with Special Events team on researching, soliciting, confirming, tracking and packaging live & silent auction and raffle items for multiple events.
- Help team ensure accurate data entry and reporting for all special events including Salesforce record management, Excel, and other various event documents to result in a full event profile.
- Help team manage the individual websites of the events including updating sponsorship information.
- Aid in recruitment of volunteers; and potentially assist with the communication and coordination of all details for event volunteers.
- Coordinate an accurate and prompt purchase order process for budget management assistance.
- Assist in the preparation and prompt distribution of donor and attendee acknowledgements and invoices related to events through Salesforce
- Work with team on the execution of any event stewardship.
- Provide any additional administrative support to the team.
- Must be a current college student and enrolled in a partner University – Internships are only available for class-credit
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Availability to work at 12-15 flexible hours per week for the duration of the school semester. Hours may sometimes include evenings and weekends
- Must be available to work from our downtown office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Interest in learning in a robust development team and sharing their talents and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can do” attitude
- Access to reliable transportation to attend night or weekend meetings/events; access to a car and a valid driver’s license preferred